Pork Chop Skillet Meal



Tonight we had Pork Chop Skillet Meal. This was a new recipe. We tried it, now here's the truth. I chose this dish because I tried a different grocery store this week. I not only spent more, but I got less.... and ended up not getting a lot of items I normally wouldn't forget because I had no idea where everything was. I had everything to make this recipe, so it was the winner.... and it ended up being a winner. This recipe is super easy, cheap, and there was not one bite leftover (which doesn't happen often!). Please forgive my horrible pictures. My camera battery died on me :( My beautiful new Paula Deen pan makes up for the yucky picture.
PORK CHOP SKILLET MEAL
4 boneless pork chops
1 1/4 cups water (chicken broth would be good too)
1/2 cup chopped onion
2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice (I used jasmine rice)
1 tsp. salt, divided
1 can (11 oz.) corn, drained
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1/4 tsp. pepper
In large skillet, brown chops. Remove chops. Combine water, rice, onion, and 1/2 tsp. salt in skillet. Place pork chops over rice mixture; top with corn and tomatoes. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes or until pork and rice are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 4 (or 2 adults and 3 young kids).

Comments

mommyofgirls said…
This sounds yummy! I might have to give it a whirl!