Egg In a Basket

Again, another great recipe I've been denying from my children... what IS wrong with me? I grew up eating Eggs In a Basket. My Aunt Connie would come down from Jeff City on the weekends and stay with us and make them with me for breakfast. My favorite part was the round circle cut from the center. We would put butter on it and fry it along with the eggs and bread. Kids love these things and they are so easy. A nice change from plain eggs and toast.


EGG IN A BASKET
butter (I don't use real butter, I use the tub stuff)
slice of bread
egg
salt and pepper to taste

Butter both sides of bread. Cut a circular hole in the center of the slice of bread, about 2 1/2 inches in diameter (I'm not fancy, I use a drinking glass). Heat a frying pan or griddle on medium-high heat. When the frying pan is hot, place the bread into the pan and let it brown for one minute. Flip the toast over and let the other side brown for one minute. Break the egg into the hole in the bread and salt and pepper it to your tastes. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to the consistency you prefer.

Comments

Alexis AKA MOM said…
You know I've always wanted to try this! I'll have to make it and see what the boys think. I'm not fancy either I would use a glass too ;)