Salsa Sloppy Joes


As I'm typing this I keep hearing a little voice in my head singing a song. It's Adam Sandler singing what else, but Lunch Lady Land. I don't remember all the words to the song, but the part about sloppy joe seems fitting for tonights dinner. We like sloppy joes at our house. This recipe is one of our favorites. It's a little different tasting version than the canned sauce . It doesn't have the vinegar "wang" to it and is a little sweeter with the brown sugar and tomato soup. These babies are only 94 cents per serving!


SALSA SLOPPY JOES
1 pound ground beef
1 jar (11 ounces) salsa
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1 tablespoon brown sugar
8 hamburger buns, split


In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, soup and brown sugar. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun. 8 servings.

Comments

Willoughby said…
I cooking with salsa, but I never thought of using it for Sloppy Joes. Great idea, Heidi!