Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce


This was my first time making spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker. I have never really had the desire to make it because it's just so darn easy to open a can of spaghetti sauce. This sauce doesn't taste anything like what I have had in a can before. It made me feel like someones Italian grandma! All day as it cooked my house smelled SO good. It was only 68 cents per serving and a definate winner. Enjoy...I did :)

SLOW-COOKED SPAGHETTI SAUCE
1 pound ground beef or bulk Italian sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil
1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Hot cooked spaghetti
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the next 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until heated through. Discard bay leaf. Serve with spaghetti. 6-8 servings

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for signing up to follow my blog!
This looks fabulous, and I am always looking for new crock pot recipes!!
shweetpotato said…
Guess what is simmering in my crockpot right now :D Ill blog about it tonight and hopefully get some pics, thanks so much , Carm