Ed Zieba's Famous Family Pork Chops

I don't know who Ed Zieba is... but his family makes a pretty good pork chop. I love onions and thought these were great. Brad said he thought they were ok, but not the best pork chops he's eaten. Tonight Brad was out voted. Chase ate almost a whole pork chop himself and Sophie really liked these too. They are very flavorful and the onions almost melt away. They didn't look like I expected. They weren't very appealing looking, but I think if I would have taken the foil off for about 15 minutes or so they would have gotten some nice color on the meat and made the onions look carmelized.


ED ZIEBA'S FAMOUS FAMILY PORK CHOPS
8 bone-in pork chops
seasoned salt to taste
3 onions, sliced
1/4 cup water


Preheat the oven to 400. Season the pork chops with seasoned salt and place in a glass baking dish. Arrange onion slices on top of pork chops, then pour the water into the pan. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, then reduce the oven temperature to 300. Continue to cook for another 30 minutes.

Comments

Nonnas News said…
Heidi, glad you like my blog! Yes, you can substitute homemade spanish rice for a can of spanish rice. Feel free to try any of my recipes and post them. You have a nice blog as well, I will have to check out some of your recipes!
Donna-FFW said…
Heidi- I love how your pork chops and onion dish looks!! You know dishes are good when the kids like 'em!