Hearty Skillet Supper

I must have a lot of extra time on my hands considering this is my 3rd entry in one day! I found this recipe and because I had everything on hand it was tonight dinner. This was very simple and filling. I've never had a rice/potato combo like this and was interested in what it would taste like. It was quite good. Brad ate his on a piece of bread and butter. I think the kids were full of cookies, so they didn't eat much. That's what I get for making cookies right before dinner! At only 75 cents per serving I will be making this again. Next time I'm going to taste it before adding the soy sauce to see if there's a big difference.

HEARTY SKILLET SUPPER
1 pound ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
1 cup water
1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
2 TBSP soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the carrots, potatoes, water and rice. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the rice and vegetables are tender. Just before serving, stir in the soy sauce, salt and pepper. 4-6 servings

Comments