Snickerdoodles


I had a 4 o'clock eye appointment today so my husband took me out to eat. I don't think he was being nice, he just didn't want to have to wait for me to cook something at home! These cookies are in celebration of me not having to get the knot cut off my eyelid. It seems I had a stye that hardened and an infection, so I have to use an ointment on my eye for 6 weeks and he thinks it will go away on its own. Anyways, I love snickerdoodles! Don't cookies have a way of always making everything feel better!?



SNICKERDOODLES
1 stick margarine
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 cups flour
2 TBSP sugar mixed with 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon


Mash margarine and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat until creamy. Add baking powder, salt, and flour. Mix well. Make walnut sized balls and roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place on greased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Makes 2 dozen.

Comments

Donna-FFW said…
Cookies DO make evrything feel better. They make the world just go round! Glad to hear your eye will be ok without cutting! Good news Yay!
Raoulysgirl said…
Glad to hear you're ok! Snickerdoodles are my FAVE cookie!!!