Taco Salad

I love anything with the word taco in it! Tacos, taco salad, taco skillet, taco pie... they're all yummy in the tummy. This taco salad is one of our favorites. The kids think they're special to be getting their own little bowl made out of shell, and I feel good about giving them a shell that's baked and not deep fried. At only 95 cents per serving, we can afford to eat these often!



TACO SALAD
6 flour tortillas (8 inch)
1 lb. ground beef
1 1/2 TBSP chili powder
3/4 cup salsa
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
shredded lettuce
shredded cheese
chopped tomato
ranch dressing



Preheat oven to 425. Crumple 6 large sheets of foil to make 6 3-inch balls; place on baking sheet. Place 1 tortilla on top of each ball; spray tortilla with cooking spray. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown (tortillas will drape over balls to form a bowl as they bake).

Meanwhile, brown meat with chili powder in a nonstick skillet, stirring occasionally. Stir in salsa and beans; cook 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Place tortilla shell on plate. Fill evenly with lettuce, meat mixture, cheese and tomatoes. Top with ranch dressing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
TACO BELL!!! Long live the Bell!!

I have to sneak visits in though as my Hubby is not a fan. Come to think of it, he fusses and cusses when I make it at home because it does not pack well (according to him) for him to take in his work lunchbox!

Gal, again I want to come over, I just know we could have a lively conversation over this salad! ;D
Rachel said…
We really enjoy tacos, too...especially my husband! I've never had more of a "traditional" taco salad, so I'll be anxious to try this! I like the idea that the shell is baked, since we've been trying to be more health conscious lately.
Donna-FFW said…
LOVE this salad Heidi.. BTW your oatmeal butterscotch cookies werea hit with my FFH, he thanks you!!