Picket Fence Cookies

Sophie wiped out the last of the cookies, so it was once again time for me to make another batch. Since I have stopped buying all prepackaged treats it seems like all I do is bake cookies, bars or snacks of some sort! We go through a lot with Brad taking his lunch every day he works and Makayla taking hers to school at least 3 times a week. I was planning on making the oreo cakester type cookie today, but while I was browsing blogs this morning I came across this recipe. On the blog it was called Daddy's Favorite Cookies. I couldn't really keep the name since we had never eaten the cookies before, so I renamed them after the blog. We did have to make one change. I didn't realize I was out of regular chocolate chips... so we used Christmas colored white chocolate chips. They look very festive and taste wonderful. Sophie helped me make them while Chase was napping and has proudly told everyone of her great cooking abilities! She has turned into quite the cookie monster. I have no idea how she stays skinny as a sting bean.


PICKET FENCE COOKIES
2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 c. margarine, softened
3/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs
1/3 c. cocoa powder
12 oz. chocolate chips (regular or white)
1 c. walnuts, chopped (optional)


Mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Cream margarine and both sugars until fluffy. Add in the eggs beating after each one. Beat in cocoa and vanilla. Gradually add in the flour mixture until well blended. Stir in chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoon fulls on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. About 4 dozen

Comments

Donna-FFW said…
Heidi-These sound wonderful, and they look so pretty. I love all the recipes you try..
Anonymous said…
I know the cook-all-the-time feeling. We've stopped eating out. Seems all I do is cook & load/unload the dishwasher (and blog/read blogs :-)). I think I need to bake like you do and stop buying prepackaged treats. Good idea.
Unknown said…
Thanks for trying the recipe and linking up to me! Hope everyone enjoyed the cookies - I know ours are gone:D Tell Sophie they look delicious!