Friday, May 22, 2009

Taco Puffs

We've had tacos, taco salad, nachos, taco rings, burritos, enchiladas and probably lots of other taco concoctions I'm not thinking of at the moment, but never a taco puff... that is until now! Those refrigerated crescent rolls are something. You can make the plain rolls, great desserts (I have the recipe for a really good dessert my Aunt Susie makes with them I can't wait to share) and great main dishes like this one. Who wouldn't love a light, flaky crust filled with taco-y goodness? I know I wouldn't turn one down! They really were yummy. Chase ate a whole one by himself... what a little piggy! I needed something quick because we had to go to graduation last night. My cousin Alexi graduated (the one whose hair I did for prom). She makes me feel so old. I remember when she was born. I grew up very close to her family. I was raised an only child (I have one half brother, but I wasn't raised with him and don't really know him. I haven't seen him in 6 years). I love Alexi and her older sister Bethany just like they were my own sisters. I hope my own girls turn out to be as great of girls as they are.
This is me and Alexi right before the graduation ceremony. Man, I love how my short family makes me look tall! Oh, and look at my new makeup. I received the Beauty of the Earth makeup I won yesterday and got to try it out. I really like it! Thanks Mrs. Suzie Homemaker :)
TACO PUFFS
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 envelope taco seasoning
2 tubes refrigerated crescent
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Cool slightly. Unroll crescents leaving 2 crescents together to form a square. Press seems together and place in a greased cookie sheet. Spoon 1/4 cup meat mixture onto each; sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Pull crescent dough around the filling and pinch edges to seal tightly. Bake at 400° for 13 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 8

15 comments:

Delectable Dining said...

You are cracking me up with all the taco goodness! :) Keep them coming! They've all been keepers!

jjnhubbs said...

Heidi...I swear! You look great- the same as you did when we worked together! And that was a long time ago! I'm officially jealous. Haha.

I love all your taco recipes too! I don't know how picky your little ones are, but we like to add a can or two of black beans (drained and rinsed) to most of our taco recipes. It really stretches the meat and bumps up the nutrition. Especially helpful if you're feeding a crowd! I sometimes even grate in carrot and red peppers too...but don't tell my hubby!

Rachel said...

We can't get enough taco recipes! How can a recipe that calls for crescent rolls be anything but fantastic?!? :)

By the way...your make-up looks beautiful!

Jenn said...

Looks good!! Congrats to Alexi for graduating.

Katy ~ said...

Heidi, this recipe is one we will enjoy!

Alexi, congratulations! Your hard work has paid off!

teresa said...

Great picture! These look wonderful, perfect for kids...and me!

Gianina said...

Looks good! I will definitely have to give these a try.

Kristen said...

I love all of your taco ideas!

Denise said...

Wow these look good and easy. family loves tacos will have to try

Lara said...

My family will eat anything taco-y and these look perfect for a busy night!

becca greene said...

sounds interesting. bet i could sub beans for the beef and make it work.

Everyday Mommy© said...

Just found you! OHMYWORD! Love your site, graphics & music. Will be back.

Reeni♥ said...

These taco puffs look so delicious! And your gorgeous!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ok girlie I decided on this one :). I can't wait to try it and of course link to my wonderful inspiration!

MaRiN said...

Hi Heidi! I made this last night and the whole family loved it, it's a keeper, thanks!