Funfetti Cookies

Funfetti Cookies... they're fun to make, fun to look at, fun to say, fun to eat. They're good all-around fun! Heck, I've had fun just posting about them :) Aren't you having fun reading about them? Just think of how much fun you would be having right now if you had one hanging out of your mouth! I know you're smiling because you think I'm fun... and insane. In all seriousness, if you haven't already made these cookies you must. My kids are in love with them. I slightly changed the original recipe. I used all egg whites to give them more of a white color. I also chose not to frost them, but instead roll them in sugar. I love the way the sugar bakes and makes them look crinkly... and rolling them in sugar's a lot of fun :)

FUNFETTI COOKIES
1 box Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix
3 egg whites
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar

Combine egg whites and oil. Beat lightly with fork. Add cake mix and stir until thoroughly moistened. Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness. Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes or until very lightly golden brown around the edges. Let cool one minute before removing from cookie sheet.

Comments

Denise said…
Heidi, these are so fun. My kids would love them
Julie said…
I know I'D be having fun with one of those hanging out of my mouth. Make it two and it's an all out party!
Lara said…
When my kids catch a glimpse of these yummy looking treats they will go nuts! They love anything with sprinkles.
teresa said…
oooh, these are fun! i wonder if frosting them would make them too rich.
Coleens Recipes said…
What a neat looking cookie! I agree with the no frosting tweak, that way you can really see the sprinkles.
Donna-FFW said…
They look so pretty, my kids would gobble them!
There is just no end to the variety of cake mix cookies!! I have a funfetti mix that I've been planning to turn into cookies! I was thinking about making them even funfetti-er by rolling them in a mix of colored sugar!! Won't the kids love that?! :-)
theUngourmet said…
We love that cake mix! I always forget I can use cake mix for cookies too. Thanks for reminding me!
Katy ~ said…
What a sketch! These ARE fun looking and a couple hanging out of my mouth would be great!
Tina Butler said…
Yummy I love cookies using a cake mix. I have a cookie recipe for mexican wedding cookies using a white cake mix and chocolate chips. We love it.
Megan said…
The Hubby loves Confettti cake and maybe I should try these cookies for him.
Carrie said…
What a great easy recipe! These look so cute!
Krista said…
I love that you can make these with cake mix! Easy, FUN, and delicious. Great recipe. Thanks, Heidi.
jjnhubbs said…
If I counted right, I've had 5 of these hanging out of my mouth today! Haha. I was grocery shopping and saw the cake mix for $0.88 and remembered seeing your recipe - so of course I had to make them. I still can't get over how yummy and fast they are! I have to agree that they don't need frosting. Norah thought they were great!
Ingrid_3Bs said…
Oooooooooo, those are brillant! The ONLY cake mix I actually like and will eat straight up baked just like the box says to is the Funfetti one. THANKS for sharing. I just might bake cookies and I generally don't bake cookies.
~ingrid
Alexis AKA MOM said…
OHHHHH love these as cupcakes as cookies even better!