Monday, July 27, 2009

Funfetti Cookies

Funfetti Cookies... they're fun to make, fun to look at, fun to say, fun to eat. They're good all-around fun! Heck, I've had fun just posting about them :) Aren't you having fun reading about them? Just think of how much fun you would be having right now if you had one hanging out of your mouth! I know you're smiling because you think I'm fun... and insane. In all seriousness, if you haven't already made these cookies you must. My kids are in love with them. I slightly changed the original recipe. I used all egg whites to give them more of a white color. I also chose not to frost them, but instead roll them in sugar. I love the way the sugar bakes and makes them look crinkly... and rolling them in sugar's a lot of fun :)

FUNFETTI COOKIES
1 box Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix
3 egg whites
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar

Combine egg whites and oil. Beat lightly with fork. Add cake mix and stir until thoroughly moistened. Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness. Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes or until very lightly golden brown around the edges. Let cool one minute before removing from cookie sheet.

16 comments:

Denise said...

Heidi, these are so fun. My kids would love them

Julie said...

I know I'D be having fun with one of those hanging out of my mouth. Make it two and it's an all out party!

Lara said...

When my kids catch a glimpse of these yummy looking treats they will go nuts! They love anything with sprinkles.

teresa said...

oooh, these are fun! i wonder if frosting them would make them too rich.

Coleen's Recipes said...

What a neat looking cookie! I agree with the no frosting tweak, that way you can really see the sprinkles.

Donna-FFW said...

They look so pretty, my kids would gobble them!

Stephanie said...

There is just no end to the variety of cake mix cookies!! I have a funfetti mix that I've been planning to turn into cookies! I was thinking about making them even funfetti-er by rolling them in a mix of colored sugar!! Won't the kids love that?! :-)

the ungourmet said...

We love that cake mix! I always forget I can use cake mix for cookies too. Thanks for reminding me!

Katy ~ said...

What a sketch! These ARE fun looking and a couple hanging out of my mouth would be great!

Mommy's Kitchen said...

Yummy I love cookies using a cake mix. I have a cookie recipe for mexican wedding cookies using a white cake mix and chocolate chips. We love it.

Megan said...

The Hubby loves Confettti cake and maybe I should try these cookies for him.

Carrie said...

What a great easy recipe! These look so cute!

Krista said...

I love that you can make these with cake mix! Easy, FUN, and delicious. Great recipe. Thanks, Heidi.

jjnhubbs said...

If I counted right, I've had 5 of these hanging out of my mouth today! Haha. I was grocery shopping and saw the cake mix for $0.88 and remembered seeing your recipe - so of course I had to make them. I still can't get over how yummy and fast they are! I have to agree that they don't need frosting. Norah thought they were great!

Ingrid said...

Oooooooooo, those are brillant! The ONLY cake mix I actually like and will eat straight up baked just like the box says to is the Funfetti one. THANKS for sharing. I just might bake cookies and I generally don't bake cookies.
~ingrid

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OHHHHH love these as cupcakes as cookies even better!