Glazed Pork Chops

I got the latest issue of Taste of Home magazine last week. I look forward to getting it... Brad cringes because he knows he's in for all kinds of new recipes. I think he would eat spaghetti, hamburgers, or sandwiches every night if I would let him. Me, I like to try new things. I'm a pretty calm girl, but I'm crazy in the kitchen (well as crazy as you can be with a recipe, spoon and mixer). We love anything grilled, so I knew this recipe would be a keeper as soon as I spotted it. I was right. It's mildly sweet and tangy which goes great with the pork. I give it an A+. Chase liked the chops so well he ate almost two of them. Enjoy :)

GLAZED PORK CHOPS
2/3 cup apricot preserves (I used sugar free, but shhh... don't tell)
1/2 cup Italian dressing
2 TBSP Dijon mustard
4 pork chops (I made 6)

Combine first 3 ingredients to make marinade. Pour 3/4 cup into large zip loc baggie and add pork. Cover remaining marinade to use while basting. Refrigerate overnight. Grill and baste often with leftover marinade.

Combine

Comments

Ingrid_3Bs said…
The glaze sounds easy and tasty enough but sadly my grill has fallen and can't get up! :)

My family loves new and different recipes. It's the opposite for me they don't like repeats. Nothing twice in a month.
~ingrid
Love the sound of that glaze!
Kathy said…
Yumm, these look great!!!
Sonya said…
Ooohh that means I should be getting my magazine soon too. This recipe looks great!
Coleens Recipes said…
I had to chuckle about your husband cringing at the new cookbook. My husband has been cringing lately too. He keeps telling me...you've got such a good recipe for xxx why are you trying new ones? LOL. He would eat the same dozen recipes the rest of his life and still be happy.
Denise said…
That is so funny, my husband would eat chicken cutlets and steak everyday, if he could. That glaze sounds tangy and sweet and best of all easy.
Chicago Mom said…
What an interesting combo of the apricot, Italian dressing and mustard - it sounds good!

It is funny how most men would be happy with frozen pizza and sandwiches forever. Thank goodness they have us! :)
Rachel said…
I look forward to getting my cooking magazines in the mail, too and immediately curl up on the couch and start marking recipes I want to try!

This marinade sounds wonderful...I love a slightly sweet taste to pork! I'm going to have to check and see if pork chops are on sale this week...I'm doing my grocery shopping tonight!
Katy ~ said…
Yummm, my mouth watered just reading this.

LOL. Ole Sweetie-Pi says he eats so many new recipes he can't remember WHAT he likes!
Willoughby said…
I haven't made pork chops in a long time. Your picture makes me wish I had some to cook tonight!
Amber said…
This looks good and easy! My husband is the same way as yours..he eats the same thing for breakfast EVERY morning! I would go crazy if I tried that..thanks!
Alexis AKA MOM said…
Yummy :), ohhh one for next weeks dinner!