Crock Pot Burritos

Here's the crock pot, taco-ish recipe I promised. Didn't you know I wouldn't let you down? I would have posted yesterday, but I had to much excitement. I did something I hadn't done in 10 years, and never thought I would do again... I got a school picture taken. I thought I would get out of it because I'm only subbing, but I walked by the library at the wrong time and got caught by the principal. I had on a dirty 'ol t-shirt and looked terrible. My picture wasn't good, but there was an up side. I got to talk to the photographer and see Sophie's picture... and it was really good (which is very surprising because for being such a beauty, she sure takes goofy pictures most of the time!) Something else exciting happened too. I would like to announce Chase's on day 3 of no pacifier to go to bed. I know it was a bad mom of me to still let him have it since he turned 3, but it was his last link to baby-hood and I didn't want to let it go. I bought him the book Baby's Binky Box and he excitedly made his tired paci a box to permanently sleep in. I envisioned sleepless nights of pitiful crying, but so far we've had none. We even had a great meal to round off the day. There's nothing like coming home to a house full of taco-ish smells. I had a yummy meal on the table quickly and everyone enjoyed it. There's even a big bag of the leftovers in the freezer waiting for a busy night. How much better can you get than that? Enjoy :)


CROCK POT BURRITOS
1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
1 envelope taco seasoning
2 cans refried beans
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
3/4 cup water
Flour tortilla
toppings of choice (lettuce, cheese, sour cream, salsa, black olives)

Mix first 5 ingredients in a greased crock pot. Cover and cook on low 6-10 hours. Place in flour tortillas with your choice of toppings;roll up, and enjoy :)

Comments

Ingrid_3Bs said…
Looks good but I'll be honest I want that cheesy hamburger hash recipe. I don't even like ground beef but it looks REALLY good and one that ALL 3 of the kiddos would like!

Happy to hear you had a great day!
~ingrid
SnoWhite said…
yummy! looks awesome.
Heidi said…
Ingrid- You have to wait until tomorrow for the cheesy hamburger hash... I didn't mean to tease you with the picture :) It was very good. I'm actually eating the leftovers right now for my lunch and I wish I had more!
Michelle said…
This looks really good and easy! I love crock pot meals. they make my Tuesdays much easier!
Mrs. M said…
Looks really good! I love using my crockpot!! My daughter is almost 4 and still has her paci at night. I might buy that book for her. The dentist said she could have it until she is 4, which is next month. I fear for the backlash, but am comforted by the fact that it is going so well for you so far!
Rachel said…
My husband walked by as I pulled up your blog and was drooling at the sight of your burritos!

Congrats to Chase...that's great that he's doing so well with giving up the pacifier!!!
Rachel said…
By the way...you better make sure you post your "school picture" :)
theUngourmet said…
What a nice crock recipe! We love burritos at our house but I have never made them this way. Thanks!

It was fun to read about your day! ;0)
Kara said…
Looks really yummy! And I love that you can freeze it for busy nights. Perfect!
Krista said…
As a former teacher, I can relate on the yearbook photo. Every year. It wasn't bad enough to have to "yearbook" myself from the ages of 5 to 18, I had to submit to school photography once again as an adult! Yuck.

Congrats on kicking the binky! It sounds like your son took it like a pro.

Love this recipe! It looks really yummy!
Lara said…
Congrats on being binky free! It sounds like a good non-traumatic transition. The burritos look yummy and anything that goes in the crockpot is a good thing in my book!
Sarah Brown said…
I will have to try this one=)

Stopping by from SITS..Happy Friday=)
April said…
I will have to try this tonight, my husband loves burritos, and in the crock pot, even better!!
Anonymous said…
Yummy, this looks so good. Hubby will love it. I found you through Mommys Kitchen and am excited about exploring your blog as well. Thanks. Linda
Marisa said…
This sounds so and and SO easy (right up my alley)! I think I may already have the ingredients lying around--so I'm totally going to throw this together this weekend. Thanks!!!
MaRiN said…
I wish I could have these for dinner right now! They look delicious and easy to make.
Donna-FFW said…
Burritos in a crock pot, sounds perfect to me.. Looking forward to your cheeseburger hash type post, yum.
Yum! I made a burrito-ish dish the other day too - haven't gotten around to posting it yet. Love throwing it all in the crockpot!

I'll bet your picture was fine! I can understand waiting on the pacifier. My grandson just turned 2 and he loves his still! I've not heard of that book before, will have to check that out. It might work, though his infant sister might present a problem with the retirement lol!

Have a great weekend.
Katy ~ said…
I have got to try this. My slow cooker is begging to be used. This looks so filling and good!

I'm sure you look cute as a button in your pix.
Unknown said…
I am totally going to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

"Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest"
Christy said…
Another great crock-pot recipe!! This looks really yummy, I'm adding it to my list to try soon. Thanks for sharing another winner!!
Colleen said…
Anything like this in a crockpot works for me! Looks nice and easy.
Alexis AKA MOM said…
Ohh you know me and crockpots, I'm so doing this one and yes with my liner :) .. LOL
Spryte said…
Yum!! Taco crockpot stuff is a fave at my house!