Pizza Joes


I hope everyone's having a great weekend! Mine has been busy. Friday night Sophie was the flower girl at homecoming. When I got home from work I had to get her dolled up and then we headed for the football game. Sophie looked adorable, but froze her little fanny off! I felt so bad for her. Yesterday I had to take the kids to get their flu shots. I'm happy to announce I had no crying! The girls got the flu mist, but since Chase has asthma he had the shot. He didn't cry because he was lucky to get the shot in his leg and not up his nose (like he thought his sisters had too!). Then, I came home and did two peoples hair and then cooked, ate, and headed back to town to grocery shop. During all this I was trying to catch a sneaky mouse I had trapped in a cabinet who had set off a regular mouse trap twice without getting caught and had gotten out of a sticky trap. I finally caught the sneaky little thing this morning! Lucky for me I found a wonderful quick night dinner. I saw these sandwiches last week at the Recipe Shoebox and knew I had to make them. They were a hit!

PIZZA JOES
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 jar (14-oz) pizza sauce
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup chopped pepperoni
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
6 hamburger buns, split and toasted

Brown and drain beef with onion. Add pizza sauce, spices, and chopped pepperoni. Cook on medium and heat just until heated through. Serve hot over toasted hamburger bun and topped with mozzarella cheese.

Comments

I like this pizza twist on the sloppy joe! I think my kids will love this version, Heidi!
Carrie said…
My boys will go crazy for these! What a great idea!
Norah said…
Those look tasty. I may have to try these soon.
Coleens Recipes said…
I think the teenage grandkids would go ga-ga over this!!
Lara said…
I'm glad you liked them!
Gaspegirl said…
Well I think that I would be a hero to my children if I offered this for supper... I think that I will make it today! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Make it a great day! Visiting from SITS!
teresa said…
ooh i'm making these soon for sure! delicious!
Eliza Welch said…
Those look delicious! Very family friendly.

Popping in from Twitter to let you know about my new movie about a Mommy Blogger! Follow me there for chances to win tickets, prizes and more! www.twitter.com/MotherhoodFilm
Donna-FFW said…
Great version of a sloppy joe!! It is a definite kid pleaser, ok adult too:)
Katy ~ said…
What a hoot! These would be loved by Ole Sweetie-Pi. He's mad for Sloppy Joes. Add some pepperoni and I think there' nothing he wouldn't do for me LOL!!! I think I need the hallway painted.....
Alexis AKA MOM said…
the boys would love this one! Added to my bookmark ;)
Ingrid_3Bs said…
Oh, geez! I can't get past the sneaky, EWWWWWWWW, mouse! You're a brave, brave soul!

Thanks for passing along the recipe. I'm certain it's one my guys would enjoy as well.
~ingrid
Betty Manousos said…
I like this version of pizza.
yummy!!
Keri said…
Pizza Joes are a FANTASTIC idea. I'm sharing this with my Niece who's kids won't eat. Fabulous

Keri

www.spitnglue.com
TanishaRenee said…
this looks delicious! Dropping by from SITS!
MoxieMamaKC said…
I just added you to my Google Reader! I LOVE your recipes!!!! Keep up the awesome work! From SITS
I love "joes" of any kind! We have sloppy joes every Halloween!
4*KowBoys said…
I am so making these tonight!!