Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

It's December 22, do you know what that means? It means tomorrow I will be at the movie theater with my kids watching the new Chipmunks movie (and it means Christmas is fast approaching, ready or not!!). Where's 2009 gone? It seems to have flown by. I've been stirring, mixing and baking like a mad woman trying to get my holiday treats finished. Today I delivered several goodie plates at work and will give a few to family and friends. These cookies where the first goodie I whipped up. I received my new Simple & Delicious magazine last week and I knew these 5 ingredient beauties were a must try. They're only 7 cents per serving and packed full of peanut butter yummy-ness. I loved the chunky peanut butter in these because they gave the cookie a surprise crunch. I will tell you I would definitely make these cookies the day before you want to eat them. They were a little blah coming out of the oven, but something magical happened over night. The centers got gooey and the cookies went from ho-hum to WOW-WEE!!! Enjoy :)

Here's Sophie (hair bow) with her best friend Juliaunna at the Christmas program last night.


This is my ballerina Makayla (glasses) and her best friend Emily at the school program.
PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Eat in egg. Add oats and baking soda to creamed mixture; mix well. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes.

Comments

Alexis AKA MOM said…
How fun is that my dear, going to the movies. Yup waiting for DVD on that one ... LOL ;)

These look so amazing I bet I could do bars ... LOL I'm so on a bar kick. Very yummy my dear!
Lisa K said…
I love 5-ingredient cookies! I'm not much of a baker, so that's perfect for me. I'll bookmark this to make soon!
Kathleen said…
These sound like the perfect combo!!!
Deana said…
I will be making cookies all day tomorrow. Thanks for another recipe!
Willoughby said…
The pictures of your girls are adorable!!

The cookies sound really good. I'm starting my baking tomorrow, I may have to add them to the list!
Krista said…
Such pretty little girls! And the cookies sound delicious. Peanut butter and oatmeal...the only thing that could make them better to me would be chocolate chunks. Of course, that'd up the price per serving.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
theUngourmet said…
PB and Oatmeal is such a great combo!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!
Katy ~ said…
Your girls are just beautiful, bright as new pennies. They must be filled with Christmas excitement and anticipation!

I've been craving PB cookies. Love the 5-ingredient recipe and ease of prep. Sometimes I just want a really good cookie without a lot of work. These are perfect.
Donna-FFW said…
The girls look adorable! What a delicious cookie. Hope you had a wonderful holiday Heidi!