I hope eveyone's having better luck than me this week. First I ruined my laptop and now I'm having memory card issues. I took pictures Sunday and it worked fine. I went to take pictures the next day and the camera said the card needed formatted (which I didn't allow it to do). This memory card has several hundred pictures on it from the past year including all the kids birthday parties, holidays, and the girls first day of school. I put the card in my memory card reader for the computer and it says the same thing. I am going to cry if I lose all those pictures because I haven't gotten any of them printed off. They can't just disappear can they?
Here's a yummy dessert that's super simple to make. You can use your favorite pie crust recipe or change the filling to whatever your heart desires :) I happen to like the Duggar Family pie crust recipe posted on there website. Enjoy :)
RUSTIC CHERRY PIE
1 1/3 cup sifted flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening (I use butter flavored crisco)
3 TBSP ice cold water
1 can pie filling
Combine flour, salt and shortening. Cut well with pastry cutter. Add ice-cold water and cut with pastry cutter. DO NOT STIR. On lightly floured surface roll dough into a large circle (like you would for a pie). Place dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Place filling in center of dough and pull edges up around the filling leaving it open in the middle (see the picture). Sprinkle dough with a little sugar if desired. Bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
I would like to say a big thank you to Lisa at Joy in Cooking and Stacy at Bubbles, Balloons,
and Blessings for giving me this awesome award! I'm honored you both thought of me :) Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Here are the rules to receive the Beautiful Blogger award:
* Thank & link to the person that gave you the award.* Pass this award onto 15 bloggers you’ve discovered & think are fantastic.
* Contact said Blogs & let them know they've won
* State 7 things about yourself.
I'm not saying these things are interesting, but here are 7 things about me:
1) I love reading. My favorites are historical romances, non-fiction, and cookbooks.
2) I flunked my drivers test 3 times for going to slow and being to cautious... a squirrel passed me on my second try.
3) I'm a cook at our local high school.
4) I'm friendly :)
5) I spend way to much time on the computer looking for new recipes!
6) My favorite cereal is rice krispies or corn flakes.
7) I have banned myself from buying Nutella... last time I ate the whole jar in less than 24 hours.
I'm going to cheat. I cannot possibly pick 15 favorite blogs, so I'm giving it to everyone who wants it.
Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Tartlets
12 hours ago