Rustic Cherry Pie & Awards

I hope eveyone's having better luck than me this week. First I ruined my laptop and now I'm having memory card issues. I took pictures Sunday and it worked fine. I went to take pictures the next day and the camera said the card needed formatted (which I didn't allow it to do). This memory card has several hundred pictures on it from the past year including all the kids birthday parties, holidays, and the girls first day of school. I put the card in my memory card reader for the computer and it says the same thing. I am going to cry if I lose all those pictures because I haven't gotten any of them printed off. They can't just disappear can they?
Here's a yummy dessert that's super simple to make. You can use your favorite pie crust recipe or change the filling to whatever your heart desires :) I happen to like the Duggar Family pie crust recipe posted on there website. Enjoy :)

RUSTIC CHERRY PIE
crust
1 1/3 cup sifted flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening (I use butter flavored crisco)
3 TBSP ice cold water

filling
1 can pie filling

Combine flour, salt and shortening. Cut well with pastry cutter. Add ice-cold water and cut with pastry cutter. DO NOT STIR. On lightly floured surface roll dough into a large circle (like you would for a pie). Place dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Place filling in center of dough and pull edges up around the filling leaving it open in the middle (see the picture). Sprinkle dough with a little sugar if desired. Bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.



I would like to say a big thank you to Lisa at Joy in Cooking and Stacy at Bubbles, Balloons,
and Blessings
for giving me this awesome award! I'm honored you both thought of me :) Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Here are the rules to receive the Beautiful Blogger award:

* Thank & link to the person that gave you the award.* Pass this award onto 15 bloggers you’ve discovered & think are fantastic.

* Contact said Blogs & let them know they've won

* State 7 things about yourself.

I'm not saying these things are interesting, but here are 7 things about me:

1) I love reading. My favorites are historical romances, non-fiction, and cookbooks.

2) I flunked my drivers test 3 times for going to slow and being to cautious... a squirrel passed me on my second try.

3) I'm a cook at our local high school.

4) I'm friendly :)

5) I spend way to much time on the computer looking for new recipes!

6) My favorite cereal is rice krispies or corn flakes.

7) I have banned myself from buying Nutella... last time I ate the whole jar in less than 24 hours.
I'm going to cheat. I cannot possibly pick 15 favorite blogs, so I'm giving it to everyone who wants it.

Comments

Kim said…
I'm so sorry to hear about the memory card issues. Hopefully there is something that you can do to retrieve your pictures.
This rustic cherry pie looks delicious!
Lisa said…
Yum! Bet the house smelled great after baking that!
Unknown said…
I'm new to the site and just wanted to drop in and say hi. I love your blog and the tasty recipes you have posted. Looking forward to trying several of them soon. Not sure about your memory card, hope you don't lose those pictures.
Chicago Mom said…
Good luck with your computer issues. I wish I had some advice for you, but I am lucky I can turn on the computer.
I love cherry pie! Especially when it's so easy to make! :)
Ingrid_3Bs said…
Congrats on your award! I enjoyed learning more about Heidi. :)

Bummer about your spell of bad mishaps I've had some of that this month but they've involved going to the doctor's. :( Hope things settle down and that your photos aren't lost!
~ingrid
Sook said…
The cherry pie looks beautiful! Congrats on the award, too!
Chrissy said…
This looks so yummy. My mom use to make me cherry crisp and this reminds me of her.

Sorry to hear about the memory card. Do you have any pictures saved on your computer? I lost a year and a half of pictures on another laptop that the hard drive went out in. I am told that I can still get the pictures off but have to pay someone to do it tho.
Shaheen said…
Congratulations on your Award Heidi.

I do love the look of that cherry pie. Luscious !!!! is the word that comes to mind.
Rachel said…
oh yum that looks great. and oh my goodness...take your memory card to a computer nerd immediately! I'm sure someone can figure out how to salvage your photos.
teresa said…
so yummy! and congrats on the award. sorry about your memory card, computer problems are lame!
Anonymous said…
There is a way to save your pictures!! I had this happen, and went to Best Buy and bought a SanDisk, which had a bonus item called Rescue PRO. It is a File Recovery program. I didn't need the extra disk, but it was money well spent on the recovery program. You can't but it seperatly. Best investment I have ever made. It even recovers pictures you may have deleted from the card. Hope this helps!! It was a God send for me!!

Love you blog, love your recipies too!!

Anita
Krista said…
It is SO frustrating when you can't access pictures. I have so much "stuff" on mine that I know what you mean. I hope that you're able to access your photos soon!

The pie looks lovely. So simple and delicious.
Michelle said…
Congrats on the award! Hope your day gets better! They pie looks yummy! I want to try it!
Anonymous said…
So sorry you are having so many technical difficulties. Hope things start looking up soon!
Katy ~ said…
Only recently have I started backing up my pictures to a hard disc (I was running out of memory on my computer) but it's still a good idea to save. I've lost pix in the past by not saving.

Alas, I cannot help you with card issues, but I'll hope it works out well. I see a couple pieces of advice here, and hopefully you'll find the answer you need.

The pie looks GREAT! Love it!
Carrie said…
I've always wanted to make on of these rustic pies! I've seen them on TV but your pie looks even better than the ones on TV! I can't wait to try out your recipe!!
theUngourmet said…
My son's favorite cereal is Rice Crispies too. He loves that snap, crakle, pop. Congrats on the award and the cherry pie looks mouth-watering good!!