Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rio Grande Pork Roast

Any Tasty Kitchen fans out there? I'm a huge fan! I've even posted a few recipes on the site myself. Have any of you? I love sites you can see reviews of the recipe before you try it. Tasty Kitchen's fun because you can see if there's a blog post to go along with the recipe.... and you know I love finding new food blogs :) When I came across this recipe the caption said it would soon become a family favorite so I knew it had to be good. This pork roast is very tender and yummy. I especially liked the glaze. The apple jelly gives it a wonderful sweet flavor and the vinegar and spices give it a tangy kick. I want to try the glaze on grilled pork chops. Enjoy :)


RIO GRANDE PORK ROAST
4 pounds Boneless Rolled Pork Loin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
1 tsp Chili Powder, Divided
1/2 cup Apple Jelly
1/2 cup Ketchup
1 TBSP White Vinegar

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together the salt, garlic salt and half of the chili powder. Rub mixture all over the pork roast, and place fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast in the oven uncovered for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 165 degrees. In a small saucepan, combine jelly, ketchup, vinegar, and the remaining chili powder. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Brush roast with glaze. Continue roasting for 10-15 minutes or until roast reaches 170 degrees. Remove roast from the oven, and allow to rest for 10 minutes.

12 comments:

Megan said...

ME!! I am a *huge* fan of TK! I think you are even my friend on there:-) That looks like a delicious recipe that would be right up my families alley. I will have to keep it in mind for my next menu plan!

Chicago Mom said...

I love Tasty Kitchen too! This pork roast sounds wonderful. I might have to make it for Easter for a change from ham and turkey!

Amy Lynn said...

I LOVE Tasty Kitchen (and Pioneer Woman)! This pork roast looks ah-mazing! I cant wait to try it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am going to be coming back here to try your recipe's. They look delish! :)

Krissy @ ArtsyMom said...

I'm not too fond of pork, but that looks delish!!!

Mary said...

Sounds like an awesome pork roast to me!

Kim said...

I love tasty kitchen! This sounds like an awesome recipe, love the unique flavors of the apple jelly mixed with chili powder - yum!

Chris said...

Here from Mary's blog.

I like this recipe and will try converting it to the grill (just being careful to not burn the sugars of the jelly).

Nice looking pork! Then again, I'm a pork fiend.

Krista said...

Yum! I love the simple ingredients with such a delicious result. Tasty Kitchen is awesome!

Big Dude said...

Just stumbled upon your blog over at Steph's. Looks like a place I'll like to hang around.

Debbie said...

I love Tasty Kitchen and adore PW's site! Your roast looks delicious. Great blog - I just discovered it and will be back!

Ingrid said...

We love pork tenderloin and I'm always on the lookout for new flavorings. This one sounds terrific! Thanks for passing it along.
~ingrid

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh yes I just bought some pork! AWESOME!!!