See that delicious looking strawberry jam? My Aunt Deloris made it (the one who also makes the amazing apple pie filling). Here's her simple recipe. You will LOVE it! Enjoy :)
STRAWBERRY JAM4 cups prepared strawberries (buy about 2 qt. fully ripe strawberries)
7 cups sugar, measured into separate bowl
1/2 tsp. butter or margarine (optional)
1 pouch CERTO Fruit Pectin
1. Bring boiling-water canner, half-full with water, to simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot, soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain well before filling.
2. Stem and crush strawberries thoroughly, one layer at a time. Measure exactly 4 cups crushed strawberries into 6- or 8-quart saucepot.
3. Add sugar; stir. Add butter to reduce foaming. Bring to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
4. Ladle immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with 2-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cover; bring water to gentle boil. Process 10 minutes. Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)
* Tuscan Grilled Steak (NEW), baked potatoes, salad, fresh fruit
* Pot Roast (NEW), mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls
* Teriyaki Chicken, rice, steamed snow peas
* Tacos- hard or soft shell
* Spaghetti, corn, garlic bread
* Grilled burgers, fries, sliced tomatoes & mozzarella, cheesecake
* Grilled steak kabobs, salad, rice, breakfast cake (NEW)