Banana Banana Bread

I wish you could smell my house after baking this banana bread. It's positively YUMMY!!! Would you believe it's taken me 10 minutes to type two sentences? I've been multi-tasking. Filling PEZ dispensers while typing is harder than it sounds :) I will make this post short and sweet. I've got desserts to make, eggs to dye and an Easter Egg Hunt quickly approaching. I couldn't resist sharing this wonderful banana bread recipe with you. It's moist, delicious and full of banana flavor. Miss Picky Pants, who doesn't like fresh bananas, is even chowing down on it! Enjoy and have a Happy Easter :)

BANANA BANANA BREAD
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

Comments

Rachel said…
I made the mistake of looking at your blog when I'm absolutely starving :) I've been so "out of the loop" and have missed everyones' posts!!! Banana bread is a favorite at our house! I'm heading out of town with the kids in a few days, but when I get back, I have every intention of making a loaf! Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter!
Amanda said…
Looks wonderful! Happy Easter!
I've got some ripe bananas sitting on my counter-- now I know what to do with them! Thanks! This sounds heavenly!
Sandy's Kitchen said…
Oh my gosh... banana bread is one of my weaknesses and it looks like a great tasting recipe. Have a Happy Easter!
Love banana bread and that sounds perfect!

Happy Easter!!
Kathleen said…
I love banana bread. Your recipe sounds delicious! Happy Easter!
Meghan said…
I wanted to let you know I saw this post & decided to make the bread.

I made it Sunday with the intention of sending it with my 3yo son for breakfast at preschool. I would have, had my dh not eaten all of it, smacked his lips & replied "Damn honey, that was some good banana bread!"

I will be making it again.
Thanks for the rockin easy recipe!