Cilantro Lime Rice

My house's FINALLY painted!!! Man, do I hate to paint. It was yellow and now it's dark beige with white trim and burgundy shutters. After 5 years of yellow, I was completely yellowed out! Today we're replacing the sinks in our bathrooms. I spilled toilet bowl cleaner in the kids bathroom and it ate the finish and then figured it we were replacing one we might as well replace them both. Tomorrow's Toy Story 3 day! My kiddies are driving me bonkers to go (and as you can see they aren't pulling my leg very hard to get me to take them). Anyone else planning on seeing the movie?
Here's an easy, summery side dish. Cilantro and lime taste so good together! Enjoy :)

CILANTRO LIME RICE
1 cup rice
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
2 TBSP fresh lime juice
1 TBSP canola oil
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp salt

Cook rice according to package directions using the 1/2 tsp salt. Meanwhile combine cilantro, juice, oil and garlic in blender and blend until smooth; stir into cooked rice and salt to taste.

Comments

I have had this somewhere and I loved it. Thank you for the recipe.
Unknown said…
Another tasty sounding recipe for rice. I'll try this one soon.
Kelly Polizzi said…
ooh look at that lovely looking green rice. Thanks for sharing the recipe. And I know what you mean, my house is yellow and I'm yellowed-out too hah! I think I'd like to go with gray when we get round to painting it.
Chris said…
I've seen this a few times in the past week or two and I am dying to try it. I know my 21 y/o won't like it (he's a cilantro hater) but Alexis and I will love it.
Pam said…
This sounds delicious with the lime. Yum! Way to go with the painting!
Ingrid_3Bs said…
Love cilantro lime rice! Thanks for the recipe. I've wanted to try making my own.
~ingrid
Anonymous said…
Made this ahead for dinner tonight. Had to "sample" after it was made. DELICIOUS!!!
I enjoy your blog very much. I "found" you a couple weeks ago through Meal Plan Monday...I think you were listed on someone elses blog as a favorite.
I have also tried your Saltines Toffee. I made it with one of my Granddaughters who LOVES to cook with me!
Thanks for such great recipes!! I think you should have your own cooking show,too! Susan :)