Thursday, February 24, 2011

Double Decker Taco

Looking for a yum-o-licious twist to a weeknight favorite? Here's a terrific way to change up your taco routine, making them more filling and taking them from wow to WOW-WE! Enjoy:)

DOUBLE DECK TACO
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 can refried beans
taco shells
flour tortillas
lettuce, cheese, sour cream, salsa... whatever floats your taco topping boat

Brown and drain ground beef. Reserve 2 tsp taco seasoning and mix the remaining seasoning with ground beef (following directions on taco seasoning for cooking). Mix reserved taco seasoning with refried beans. Heat until warm. Spread 2 TBSP (or desired amount) beans on flour tortilla. Place bean covered shell onto crunchy taco shell. Fill with ground beef and toppings of your choice.

6 comments:

Jennifurla said...

This remind me of the cheesy gordita crunch that I LOVe at taco bell.

Stephanie said...

Mmm, that looks so good. I love tacos!

On a funny side note, it reminds me of this skit from SNL:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1447/saturday-night-live-taco-town#s-p28-sr-i4
Hilarious stuff. :)

Rachel said...

You crack me up with your "taco posts"! Whenever we discuss picking up something quick for dinner, my husband ALWAYS wants Taco Bell--this sounds like it would be a great weeknight meal!

Willoughby said...

My son is a Taco Bell fanatic and he loves the Gordita Crunch taco. He would love these!

Chris said...

I like this because it also helps you eat it without making such a mess! Plus you can cram more into your shell, ha ha.

Anonymous said...

I love these. You can add some nacho cheese sauce to make the new double decker tacos that Taco Bell is advertising. :)

Andrea D.
short74717@msn.com