Steak and Blue Cheese Wrap

So here I am... trying to be all healthy and stuff. The loss of my aunt got me thinking (yes, I occasionally do that!) about fixing healthier vittles including ingredients with disease-fighting nutrients. Don't worry. I'm not going completely healthy-nut on you, just expect to see some recipes on the light side occasionally. I thought this wrap made an excellent on-the-go lunch. The blue cheese gives a burst of flavor (even though it's super stinky!). If you aren't a big fan of this cheese you could easily substitute it for another of your liking. Enjoy... and be healthy :)

STEAK AND BLUE CHEESE WRAP
(for 1 wrap)
3 oz. thinly sliced cooked lean steak (I used leftovers from grilling)
1 cup romaine or whole fresh baby spinach leaves, shredded
1/4 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, drained and cut in thin strips
1 TBSP crumbled blue cheese
1 8-inch whole-wheat flour tortilla

Arrange sliced beef, romaine, peppers strips, and blue cheese on top of tortilla (I zapped mine in the microwave for a few seconds to make pliable). Roll up (it's super full). Attack.

Comments

Chris said…
This is a great one Heidi, it is easy and uses leftovers. That rocks.
Willoughby said…
That's a great way to use leftover steak! I love the whole wheat wraps, too.
teresa said…
best flavors ever, this looks delicious!