Fancy Pear Salad


Here's a delicious and impressive looking salad I found in a great new cookbook called Everyday Paleo (and you know how I love new cookbooks!).  I would highly recommend this cookbook to anyone who eats gluten-free.  Whether it's because of a medical condition or by choice, eating gluten-free can be difficult... especially if your cooking for children.  This cookbook has a great section on what to pack in a child's school lunch.  The author of this book is a busy mom and all the recipes are quick, easy and geared toward the family.  I thought this salad had a great flavor and I loved the red onions with the tangy dressing and sweet pear combination.  The pecans give it a surprise crunch.  YUM!  Enjoy :)

PEAR SALAD
5 oz. bag mixed salad greens
1 diced pears
1/2 thinly sliced red onion
Extra-virgin olive oil to taste
3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup crushed pecans
Black pepper to taste

1.  Toss greens, pear and onions together.

2.  Drizzle salad with oil, vinegar and sprinkle with pecans

3.  Finish with cracked black pepper

Comments

Marisa said…
Oh yum!!! This sounds delicious. I am totally obsessed with pears right now and will have to try this.
Stephanie said…
Seriously Heidi you make me sooo hungry at 10 am! LOVE it!! I* think I will just go one here and meal plan!

OHHHH and you won my glass necklace give away!! i have a new one this week!!

http://stehanie32.blogspot.com/2011/06/lee-farms-giveaway.html
Heidi said…
Yay! Email me at heidiheidiheidi@yahoo.com so I can send you my info :) I must be lucky today. You made my day :)