Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fancy Pear Salad


Here's a delicious and impressive looking salad I found in a great new cookbook called Everyday Paleo (and you know how I love new cookbooks!).  I would highly recommend this cookbook to anyone who eats gluten-free.  Whether it's because of a medical condition or by choice, eating gluten-free can be difficult... especially if your cooking for children.  This cookbook has a great section on what to pack in a child's school lunch.  The author of this book is a busy mom and all the recipes are quick, easy and geared toward the family.  I thought this salad had a great flavor and I loved the red onions with the tangy dressing and sweet pear combination.  The pecans give it a surprise crunch.  YUM!  Enjoy :)

PEAR SALAD
5 oz. bag mixed salad greens
1 diced pears
1/2 thinly sliced red onion
Extra-virgin olive oil to taste
3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup crushed pecans
Black pepper to taste

1.  Toss greens, pear and onions together.

2.  Drizzle salad with oil, vinegar and sprinkle with pecans

3.  Finish with cracked black pepper

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Oh yum!!! This sounds delicious. I am totally obsessed with pears right now and will have to try this.

Stephanie said...

Seriously Heidi you make me sooo hungry at 10 am! LOVE it!! I* think I will just go one here and meal plan!

OHHHH and you won my glass necklace give away!! i have a new one this week!!

http://stehanie32.blogspot.com/2011/06/lee-farms-giveaway.html

Heidi said...

Yay! Email me at heidiheidiheidi@yahoo.com so I can send you my info :) I must be lucky today. You made my day :)