If you had a day like mine, you'll need some of this puppy chow to sweeten it up! My day can be summed up to an important lesson I would like to share with you. If you have a child who loves the annoying Happy Napper commercial and thinks they need one for their birthday (like my Chase), DO NOT order one from the Happy Napper website unless you like someone trying to do fraudulent charges on your debt card resulting in a trip to the bank to cancel it and wait a week for a new one :( What a sucky day!
Here's a yummy recipe for a sweet, chocolate & peanut buttery snack. It looks pretty bad, but tastes great. If you've never eaten it, your in for a real treat! YUM!!! Enjoy :)
1/2 cup peanut butter1/4 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
9 cups Crispix or Chex cereal (any flavor)
3 cups powdered sugar
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir well.
3. Place the 9 cups of cereal in a very large bowl.
4. Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
5. Place the powdered sugar in a large zip-lock type plastic bag.
6. Add the peanut butter-chocolate cereal mixture to the bag, leaving enough room for the puppy chow to be shaken (you may have to divide the mixture into smaller batches, coating one batch at a time).
7. Shake the bag vigorously to evenly coat each piece of the puppy chow with powdered sugar.
8. Once the mixture is fully coated, place in a large serving bowl.
9. Coat any additional pieces by shaking the mixture in the powdered sugar filled bag. Add powdered sugar to the bag as needed until all the mixture is coated.