Chicken Tortilla Soup

I'm not meaning to toot my own horn (toot, toot.... well, yes I am!), but I can make a pretty mean bowl of Chicken Tortilla Soup.  With cooler weather on the horizon, this makes a perfect meal.  It's great for entertaining a crowd, or for feeding your own crew because everyone loves dressing up their soup with lots of great fixing (think sour cream, shredded cheese, crushed corn or tortilla chips, salsa).  Have fun with it!  Enjoy :)

CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
1 onion, chopped
2 TBSP oil
4 cups water
4 bouillon cubes (I used chicken)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 TBSP chili powder
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
2 cooked chicken breast diced/shredded (canned works well)
4 corn tortillas, broken into small pieces
1/2 - 1 cup salsa/picante sauce
1/4 cup frozen corn
Toppings of your choice

Saute onions in oil until tender.  Add water, bouillon, spices, beans, chicken, salsa, tortillas and corn.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and let simmer 10 minutes.  Serve with toppings.

Comments

SellWoWAccount said…
This recipe is truly perfect for this season!

Sell WoW Account
Angela said…
OOh, I will have to try it!!! Would be great at our Fall Festival!
Jaime said…
This looks good! And an added bonus that I have all ingredients on hand!
Chris said…
It looks great, I might even sneak some green chiles in. Nice one, Heidi.