Beef and Snow Peas


Any Pioneer Woman fans??? I am!  I am!  I've enjoyed her blog for years, her first cookbook has been well used in my kitchen (I'm also a fan of her love story book too!)  and I LOVE that I can now watcher her on TV.  Yay for Ree!  I found this recipe on her blog and it was yum-o-licious.  The fresh ginger makes it irresistible.  This ones a keeper.  Enjoy :)  

BEEF AND SNOW PEAS
1-1/2 pound Flank Steak (Trim fat and slice thin against the grain)
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (it will be very, very salty if you use regular)
3 TBSP sherry or cooking sherry
2 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP cornstarch
1 TBSP fresh minced ginger (please use fresh!)
8 ounces snow peas with the ends trimmed off
5 whole scallions cut in 1/2 in pieces at a diagonal
3 TBSP olive oil
Crushed Red Pepper to sprinkle on top
Hot cooked rice (I use jasmine)

In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, cornstarch, and ginger. Add sliced meat to bowl and toss and set aside.
Heat oil in a heavy skillet (iron is best) or wok over high heat. Add snow peas and stir for 45 seconds. Remove to a separate plate. Set aside.
Allow pan to get very hot again. With tongs, add half the meat mixture, leaving most of the marinade still in the bowl. Add half the scallions. Spread out meat as you add it to pan, but do not stir for a good minute. (You want the meat to get as brown as possible in as short amount a time as possible.) Turn meat to the other side and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove to a clean plate.
Repeat with other half of meat, allowing pan to get very hot again first. After turning it, add the first plateful of meat, the rest of the marinade, and the snow peas. Stir over high heat for 30 seconds, then turn off heat. Check seasonings and add salt only if it needs it. Mixture will thicken as it sits.
Serve immediately over rice. Sprinkle crushed red pepper over the top to give it some spice.


Comments

Chris said…
Sounds good, I like anything with flank steak!
Meatloaf said…
This yummy looking beef makes me so hungry :)
Hello Heidi, It can be so hard to come up with recipe ideas. If you check my blog, Sparkling Like A Diamond, and go to the search box, you can find lots of recipes. Once recipe that comes to mind that is easy is Italian Chicken. Check it out. I check your blog for ideas too. You have great recipes!