Chocolate Chip Muffins

Here's a quick breakfast recipe you can bake on Monday and store in an airtight container for easy breakfasts throughout the week.  My children always want something different.  Today Chase had 2 runny eggs, Makayla had an egg white and biscuit with jelly and Sophie had 2 waffles, 1 piece of peanut butter toast and 1 piece of peanut butter with blueberry preserves.  (Ggggrrrrrr, why can't they just all choose the same thing?)  If I have these muffins made up I can at least count on not cooking for Chase because he LOVES them!  I love making homemade muffins because I know exactly what is in them, whereas a mix has crazy ingredients no one should be eating.  I found this recipe at Little House Living (along with lots of other recipes I want to try soon!).  These are moist, chocolaty and kid approved.  Enjoy :)

CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter- slightly softened
1 cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together dry ingredients.  Add all remaining ingredients leaving the chocolate chips for last.  Scoop into sprayed or lined muffin tins and bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean (or if they are springy to the touch).

These also freeze well!

Comments