Italian Steak Sandwiches

The busy time has arrived!  School's started and I'm now switching gears and cooking more quick and easy meals.

Look at how big they've gotten!  Chase is in 3rd, Worm 6th, and Miss Picky Pants is in 8th (Lord help me!).
Between homework, gymnastics, piano, band stuff and who knows what else, I'm already feeling overwhelmed!  This meal's quick, easy and everyone ate it and was happy.  I call that a win!  I love that it calls for deli roast beef and items that are quick to whip together.  I doubled the recipe to ensure my husband had leftovers for his lunch...and we're pigs!  Just saying!  I hope you try it soon!  Enjoy :)

ITALIAN STEAK SANDWICHES
2 TBSP oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 pound sliced deli roast beef
1/2 cup beef broth
2 TBSP red wine or additional beef brother (I used broth)
2 tsp parsley
2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp oregano
sandwich rolls
provolone cheese

Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.  Add garlic and pepper flakes.  Cook and stir 1 minute.  Add roast beef, broth, wine (or more broth) and seasonings. Heat through.  Place beef on rolls, drizzling with some of the broth from the pan.  Top with cheese. 

Comments