Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breast

We finally picked a few jalapeno peppers from our garden.  I LOVE jalapeno poppers, but I definitely didn't have enough peppers to make poppers!  So, I looked on pinterest and put a few recipes together to come up with this delicious dish.  Everyone ate and enjoyed this chicken.... and that doesn't happen very often!  One of these chicken breasts will feed 2 people.  It also looks pretty fancy!  Enjoy :)


JALAPENO POPPER STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
4 chicken breast
2 TBSP oil
salt and pepper
twine or toothpicks
Filling
1/3 cup chopped jalapeno peppers
1 block cream cheese (8 oz)- softened
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Breading
2 eggs- whisked in bowl
1 cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper in separate bowl
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs in separate bowl

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Make a 1 inch slit in the side of each chicken breast.  Use your hands to stretch the inside of the chicken breast to make a pocket to stuff your filling inside.  Be careful to not rip the chicken.  Season inside and out with salt and pepper and set aside.

To make filling, mix cream cheese, mozzarella, and jalapeno peppers.  Spoon filling into chicken breast and close skin around it so there is no filling hanging out (a little of mine did and it was OK). Secure with twine or toothpicks.

Dip stuffed breasts into flour to coat, then egg and then bread crumbs.  Place in skillet coated with oil and let brown 3-5 minutes over medium heat on each side.  Place in greased 9x13 baking dish and bake 30 minutes, or until thermometer placed into meat reaches 165 degrees.


Comments

Sarah said…
best recipe i ever read. thanks for disclosing your family secret lol.
http://clickhalal.co.uk/buy-halal-meat-online
Unknown said…
Wonder if I could wrap them in bacon, too.?
Heidi said…
I think getting bacon involved in a recipe is always a good idea! Since it has a crunchy breading on it I think I would add the bacon to the filling mixture instead of wrapping them. Let me know if you add the bacon and how it turns out!!!
Anonymous said…
I like the idea of this recipe, but I think it would be easier to pound and thin out the chicken breasts, then place the stuffing in the center, securing with toothpicks and covering the breasts with bacon, then bake until done. I've done them like that with several different types of stuffing. But how I love the idea of a jalapeno popper stuffing. Brilliant!
Heidi said…
Pounding them out thin is a great idea! I will try that next time I make this :)