Crispy Buffalo Chicken Legs

I'm so excited to share this delicious chicken recipe with you from my very favorite YouTuber and blogger Janelle from Parsnips and Parsimony.  If you're not familiar with Janelle and her family's daily youtube vlogs, you're seriously missing out!  I look forward to watching everyday.  I'm slightly obsessed and possibly a huge stalker their biggest fan!  When Janelle shared this recipe, I knew I must make it immediately.  The original recipe called for chicken wings, but I had some chicken legs hollering from the freezer that they must be made into this dish!  I didn't have the hot wing sauce and panicked, but Janelle's a huge sweetheart and insured me regular hot sauce would work (sorry Janelle for always pestering you!).  It turned out wonderful.  The skin gets super crispy from baking at a high temperature and the hot sauce compliments it perfectly.  My kids enjoyed this dipped in Ranch style dressing to tame the heat (wimps!).  You must make this soon!  You won't be disappointed.  Enjoy!!!

Check out the original recipe HERE on the Parsnips and Parsimony website (they have a printable recipe!) and Here for Janelle making this yummy dish. Be sure to check out their daily vlog on YouTube for large family fun, great recipes, gardening, garage sale finds, money saving grocery tips, homeschooling, pregnancy and much much more!!!  They always put a smile on my face.

CRISPY BUFFALO CHICKEN LEGS
1 large package of chicken legs or wings (3-5 pounds)
Paprika
Garlic Powder
Ground Red Pepper
Salt & Pepper
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup Frank's Hot Sauce or Frank's Hot Wing Sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)

Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
Place chicken legs on a lightly greased baking sheet and sprinkle with spices to even coat the chicken.  Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken skin is crispy.  Turn chicken and continue cooking 10 minutes or until the other side is crispy.
While chicken is baking, place melted butter and hot sauce in a large bowl or large container with a lid. Add cooked chicken and toss in sauce (or shake if you have a resealable container).  Chow down!!!

Comments