Easy & Delicious Buttercream Frosting

See that yummy looking frosting?  It was super easy and super delicious!  Last week I made treats for Drumline/Flags/Band Camp and was actually going to be a cheater and use canned frosting I had bought for 25 cents after Easter. Bad news- I opened up the container to see my son had at some pointed opened it and put a huge finger swipe in it.  I'm guessing it was several months ago by the way the frosting looked!  Good news, I made this yummy frosting.  See how great it pipes?  This is my new "go to" frosting recipe!  I even used it on Chase's birthday cake.
Enjoy :)

EASY BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
1/2 cup softened butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 TBSP milk
3-4 cups powdered sugar

Cream softened butter in stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) until smooth and fluffy.  Mix in vanilla and milk.  Slowly beat in powdered sugar until smooth and stiff enough to pipe (It took me 3/4 bag of powdered sugar). If you are wanting colored frosting mix it in now and beat until smooth and evenly colored.

Comments