Buttery Hot Rolls with Agave, Delicous!, Vegan!, Egg Free!

It's been 2 months (I'm a very bad girl!) since I lasted posted, but this recipe is worth the wait!  For Thanksgiving I was looking for a roll recipe my Sophie could eat.  My regular recipe calls for sugar, but I needed a recipe using a sweetener she can tolerate.  I googled and I found these rolls made with agave.  I was a little leery because they're egg free, but they were very easy and absolutely AMAZING!  Very soft!  I have made them twice in less than a week!  They're also great bushed with a butter/garlic/parsley mixture and served in place of garlic bread.
Hurry!  Quick!  What are you waiting for?  Make these delicious rolls today!  Enjoy :)

BUTTERY HOT ROLLS
1 pkg yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
3 TBSP butter (earth balance for vegan option)
3 TBSP Agave (or honey if non-vegan)
1 cup warm water (divided)

*METAL BAKING PAN*  This is very important!!!!  Don't use glass, you won't have the same results!

Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water.  Let set 10 minutes.  It will be foamy/bubbly.
In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
Melt butter and mix with agave and 3/4 cup warm water.  Mix well.
Pour yeast mixture and butter mixture into flour.
Mix until it forms a ball.  It should be smooth and not sticky.  If it is sticky, mix in 1/4 cup flour (I didn't need the extra flour).
On floured surface, knead by hand for 5 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
Place in oiled bowl, cover and let rise 1 hour in warm spot.
Punch down dough and form into about 16 balls and place in greased metal pans.  Cover and let rise 45 minutes or until dough is doubled.  You want rolls to be touching.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.  Brush with melted butter.

Comments