Banana Crumb Muffins, Vegan, AMAZING!!!

Check these out on my updated blog!!!

You need to make these!  Seriously! I've put off posting this recipe because a photo doesn't do it justice! These are AMAZING! These are so amazing, I make them in the school kitchen and they're one of our most popular breakfasts. I have students (junior high and high school) ask me for the recipe. I have teachers and parents ask me for the recipe. They are that good! Kids who do not like bananas, or regular banana bread have told me they love these. I'd say they're kinda famous! At school I bake them as bars, but they work perfectly as muffins or mini bread loaves also. They're moist and delicious every single time.... and believe me, I've made them SO MANY TIMES! 


 Speaking of school, we've been back in session for two weeks now. Chase's a freshman and Sophie's a senior. Chase's involved with football and FFA and Sophie's playing volleyball (3 away games last week people!) and taking duel credit college classes. Makayla has also started her sophomore year of college doing online classes. We're hopping!

BANANA CRUMB MUFFINS (OR BARS)

Muffins

3 overripe bananas

3/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup oil

1 tsp vanilla

2 cups flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

Crumb Topping

1/3 cup flour

2 TBSP brown sugar

1/2 tsp cinnamon

2 TBSP butter (vegan butter if you want them vegan)

Glaze

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1- 2 tsp water

Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly Grease 9 inch pan (if making bars), or line muffin tins with muffin liners.

Mash bananas, sugar, oil, vanilla, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Mash it until bananas don't have a lot of chunks. You want it pretty smooth.

Mix in flour until just combined. Set aside.

In small bowl, make topping by mixing the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon and cutting in butter with a fork until crumbly.

Scoop banana mixture into prepared muffin pan (I get 12) or 9 inch pan. Sprinkle crumb topping over the top.

Bake 20- 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake. Dry muffins are sad muffins.

Cool.

To make icing, combine powdered sugar with a teaspoon of water. Mix well and decide if you need more. You want a very thick (almost too thick to stir) glaze. Put in a ziplock bag and cut the corner off and drizzle over muffins. You can skip the bag and spoon it over if you want.

Comments