Easy Beef and Broccoli

I've been on the lookout for a great beef and broccoli recipe for years. It always looks good, but then I'm disappointed with the taste. I made this new recipe tonight in hopes of it being "the one". We thought this recipe was good, but not blow-your-socks-off great. We agreed it was missing something, but just couldn't put our fingers on what that something was. My mistake may have been using fat-free catalina dressing. It almost seemed like the dish needed to be sweeter and the fat-free catalina doesn't have quite the same sweetness the regular version has. This was a good priced meal at only $1.80 per serving and the kids had a blast using chopsticks and getting fortune cookies.



EASY BEEF AND BROCCOLI
1 lb. beef stir-fry strips
1 TBSP oil
2 cups frozen broccoli florets
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup catalina dressing
1 TBSP grated gingerroot
2 cups cooked white rice

Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat; cook 3 minutes or until evenly browned, stirring frequently. Add broccoli, hoisin sauce, catalina dressing and gingerroot; stir. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice. 4 servings

Comments

Tina Butler said…
Ok Heidi I am becoming quite the post junkie at your site. This looks so good. I am adding it to my April Menu. Was the Catalina Dressing overpowering?