Crispy Honey Wings

These wings will have your feathers flapping!  They are DELISH!  With a capital D.  My picky, non-chicken loving husband even loved these.  That means they're good.   Enjoy :)

CRISPY HONEY WINGS
16 chicken wings (3 lbs)
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/8 - 1/4 tsp ground ginger (I used 1/8 tsp)

1.  Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.

2.  Cut each wing at the joints to make 3 pieces; discard tip.  You could also save time buy purchasing already cut chicken wings (they are sometimes called chicken drummies).  Mix remaining ingredients.

3.  Grill chicken uncovered 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 20 - 25 minutes, brushing frequently with honey mixture and turning after 10 minutes, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.  Discard any remaining honey mixture. 

Comments

Sounds like a great combination Heidi - have a great weekend!!
a snowsprite said…
Dear Heidi you always have delish recipes! and when you try something that isn't so much, you share that too. Thanks for that. Reading your blog always makes me want to have my own kitchen.
P.S. I have been here before, but under a different name. Thanks again for sharing!
teresa said…
love the honey, these look and sound wonderful!
Unknown said…
This sounds really good! I'm grilling out tonight, so I'm going to give this a try.
Chris said…
Grilled or fire roasted wings taste so much better than fried ones to me. Yours look great!