Quiltless Chocolate Cupcakes

Dear Delightful Chocolate Cupcake,
While you might be guiltless (unless you eat the entire batch, which I would know NOTHING about), I am quite guilty.  My guilt has nothing to do with devouring obscene amounts of your chocolaty-ness, it is guilt purely from my horrific photography skills.  It seems I don't do well with the color brown :(  You deserve a much better representation.  While I snapped at least 20 photographs of your lovely self after Sophie's birthday party, I did not review them until the next day after all your cupcake friends had been devoured. 

Your slightly enamoured, but shameful friend,
Heidi :)

Do not let my photograph keep you from making these awesome flour-less cupcakes.  They are by far the best, most moist and cake-like flour-less cupcake I have made.  These actually taste like yummy cupcakes instead of dry chocolate hockey pucks AND they're said to only have 58 calories each!   YAY!  Enjoy :)

GUILTLESS CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
Put in blender or food processor:
1 3/4 cups oats
3 egg whites
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 1/2 TBSP vinegar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup hot water
1 cup splenda

You will also need:
1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (I chopped up a dark chocolate bar)

Blend until everything is smooth and creamy.
Stir in chocolate chips. 
Pour into muffin cups.
Bake 10-12 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

I always store these in a container while they are still slightly warm and it keeps them very moist.




Comments