Overnight Oats

 Seriously!?!  Why has no one told me about overnight oats?  I think I've found my new favorite way to eat oats.  You put them in a jar (Did you totally notice how my mason jar appeared in two posts in a row? Shhhh.   Don't let him know.  I don't want him to get big headed and think he is for fine dining purposes only!), shake them, put them in the fridge overnight and in the morning you have an awesome breakfast!  I wasn't sure I liked them at my first bite because the texture is a little different and I didn't know what to expect, but then I loved them!  Yay for oatmeal!
Today is my 14 year wedding anniversary!!!

OVERNIGHT OATS
1/4 cup oatmeal (I used old-fashioned)
1/3 cup milk of choice (I used skim)
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 1/2 tsp chia or flax (opt)
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 TBSP preserves (I used no sugar added)
1/4-1/2 cup fruit (I used strawberry)

Mix all in a jar.  Stir, or put a lid on it and shake it up.  Leave in fridge overnight before eating.  Serve chilled. Will last 2-3 days in fridge.


Comments