Marinated Pork Medallions

What is it about the end of summer that makes me want to bake? I have several new sweets to share with you, but after looking back on my last few posts I felt the need to refrain. Instead I decided to share this delicious recipe for the grill. It's a little sweet and tangy and completely de-lish :) Surprise, surprise... it came from Simple & Delicious magazine. I think I should be their spokeswoman. I'm crazy about their recipes. Speaking of crazy, check out my daughter (below). She turned 9 last week and got a digital camera for her birthday. I busted up laughing when I saw the pictures she'd taken. Here are a few of my favorites:
Enjoy :)

MARINATED PORK MEDALLIONS
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), cut into 3/4-inch slices


In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, salad dressing, pineapple juice and soy sauce. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.

Comments

Chris said…
You had me at "for the grill", ha ha.

Be forewarned about viewing pictures on your kid's camera. They sure don't know anything about covering their tracks. When Trev got his at 9, I found pics of him and his cousin posing all "tough" and shooting birds. Sigh....shaking head.
theUngourmet said…
This looks like a nice change from all of the chicken we've been eating lately. I'm driving my husband crazy! ;)
That pork sounds wonderful. I don't think I'm familiar with that magazine, but I need to check it out! Your daughter is a hoot LOL... she looks a lot like you doesn't she? Hope you're having a great Sunday!
Ingrid_3Bs said…
Pork is a fave here and your recipe looks mighty GOOD!

Happy belated b-day to your babygirl!
~ingrid
Lilianna Grace said…
This looks super super him, i can't wait to try it! I bought my daughter a digital camera when she 7. We have tons of photos just like those! It's amazing how they see things. I posted on my blog about it. It's titled "the world through her eyes". Feel free to check it out!