Pork Fajita Kabobs


Don't expect leftovers when you make this delish dish!  It was the best new recipe I've made in a long while.  I think someone might have even licked the platter clean on this one.... I know this because that person was probably me (not really!).  Who needs a dishwasher when ma licks the plates clean?!?  I had you envisioning a bunch of hillbillies gathered 'round a table lickin' their plates clean.  Lick the plate clean or not, you must pull out your BBQ grill and give this recipe a whirl.  You will love it!  Enjoy :)

PORK FAJITA KABOBS
2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
8 large fresh mushrooms
16 grape tomatoes (opt.)
8 flour tortillas, warmed (corn would also be yummy)
Chunky Salsa
Sour Cream (opt.)
Shredded Cheese (opt.)

In large resealable plastic bag, combine paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder and pepper flakes; add pork.  Seal and toss to coat.  On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork, green peppers, onion, mushrooms and tomatoes.

Grill covered, over medium heat 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink and veggies are tender.  Place each kabob on tortilla; remove skewer and fold in half.  Serve with salsa, cheese and sour cream.


Comments

Chris said…
you know I liked this one! I did my first pork fajitas last year after doing beef and chicken for years. I was really surprised.
This recipe is right up my alley! We live in Alaska and grilling is out of the question right now (grill is currently surrounded by 3 feet of snow), but I'll bet I could saute everything instead. YUM.