Monday, February 27, 2012

Pork Fajita Kabobs


Don't expect leftovers when you make this delish dish!  It was the best new recipe I've made in a long while.  I think someone might have even licked the platter clean on this one.... I know this because that person was probably me (not really!).  Who needs a dishwasher when ma licks the plates clean?!?  I had you envisioning a bunch of hillbillies gathered 'round a table lickin' their plates clean.  Lick the plate clean or not, you must pull out your BBQ grill and give this recipe a whirl.  You will love it!  Enjoy :)

PORK FAJITA KABOBS
2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
8 large fresh mushrooms
16 grape tomatoes (opt.)
8 flour tortillas, warmed (corn would also be yummy)
Chunky Salsa
Sour Cream (opt.)
Shredded Cheese (opt.)

In large resealable plastic bag, combine paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder and pepper flakes; add pork.  Seal and toss to coat.  On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork, green peppers, onion, mushrooms and tomatoes.

Grill covered, over medium heat 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink and veggies are tender.  Place each kabob on tortilla; remove skewer and fold in half.  Serve with salsa, cheese and sour cream.


2 comments:

Chris said...

you know I liked this one! I did my first pork fajitas last year after doing beef and chicken for years. I was really surprised.

Cheese with Noodles said...

This recipe is right up my alley! We live in Alaska and grilling is out of the question right now (grill is currently surrounded by 3 feet of snow), but I'll bet I could saute everything instead. YUM.