Plain Old Tuna Noodle Casserole

Tonight I made plain, boring, old tuna noodle casserole. Nothing fancy or exciting or new. Tomorrow is grocery day and if I wasn't out of bread I would have made tuna salad sandwiches... but we had no bread, so this is what I made. Brad wasn't excited. Makayla wouldn't even take one bite of it, but Sophie and Chase ate it (Brad did too, but complained because he likes it better without the crushed crackers on top... come on, that is the best part). Most people probably hate the stuff. I don't mind it, but would much rather eat Potato Chip Casserole. That was my favorite meal my mom made when I was little. I haven't made it since I was pregnant with Makayla because Brad refuses to eat it. I burnt him out. I made it at least once a week while I was pregnant... one week I made it 3 times (I think that is what burnt him out!). If you ever want to try it, it is easy. Take plain potato chips. Crush them and put enough in to cover the bottom of your baking dish. Next mix 1 can of cream of mushroom soup with 1 can of drained tuna. Put a layer of 1/2 the tuna and soup mixture over the chips. Next layer more crushed chips, then tuna and soup and then crushed chips. Bake it at 350 until it is hot. It takes about 20 -30 minutes. YUMMY! Here is the tuna casserole recipe I used. I normally add some velveeta in it, but I haven't made it in a long time and I forgot. I just wing it on the cheese and depending on how cheesy I am feeling that day is how much cheese I put in.

Tuna Noodle Casserole

8 oz. wide egg noodles, cooked and drained

1 can tuna, drained

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 1/3 cups milk

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

1/2 cup crushed saltines

3 Tbsp. melted butter

In large bowl, combine cooked noodles, tuna, mushrooms, soup, milk, and salt and pepper (if you want to add cubed velveeta cheese, this is the time to do it). Pour in greased casserole dish. Combine saltines and buter. Sprinkle over noodle mixture. Bake; uncovered, at 350 for 35 - 45 minutes, or until heated through.

Comments