Sweet 'n' Spicy Chicken



This was a new recipe. We tried it... and we liked it. Best of all it takes under 10 minutes to make. Brad normally doesn't like chicken very well, but he said this was good. It was simple, it was inexpensive (it cost $2.15 per serving) ... I would call that a winner! Now my picture... that's NOT a winner. I seriously need photography lessons!


SWEET 'N' SPICY CHICKEN
1 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
3 TBSP taco seasoning
1-2 TBSP vegetable oil (I did'nt use because I have a great non-stick pan)
1 jar (11 oz.) chunky salsa
1/2 cup peach preserves
Hot cooked rice


Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add taco seasoning and toss to coat. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil. Combine the salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Serve over rice.
4 servings.

Comments

mommyofgirls said…
This sounds like a winner to me! We make something similar, but I think I'm gonna try this recipe next time. Thanks, Heidi!
Unknown said…
I can not wait to try this one.