Chocolate Peanut Butter Sweeties

Here are some sweeties for my little peanut butter and chocolate loving sweeties. They taste like peanut butter balls. My people liked them. I'll bet it's safe to say yours will too!

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER SWEETIES
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar
60 miniature pretzels
1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 TBSP shortening
1 square of almond bark (optional)


In a small bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar until combined. Shape into 1-in. balls; press one on each pretzel. Place on lined baking sheets (I use aluminum foil). Refrigerate until peanut butter mixture is set, about 1 hour. In a microwave-safe bowl or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and oil. Dip the peanut butter balls into chocolate. Return to baking sheet, pretzel side down. Melt almond bark, if desired, and drizzle it onto the chocolate covered tops using a spoon. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Comments

mommyofgirls said…
I made some of these for my class on Tuesday (we bring food every week....my task was dessert). Everyone loved them! I had several people ask me for the recipe...and there are only 13 people in the class! Very tasty! Thanks for the recipe:)