Hearty Grilled Cheese


Tonight I tried a new recipe along with making an oldie. These grilled cheese sandwiches are the oldie, but they're a goodie. I haven't made them in a month or so, but for a while Brad was wanting me to make them at least once a week. He won't touch a regular grilled cheese, but when he tried this it quickly became a winner. I think it's the red onion making it taste so good! You could also make this on Valentine's Day since it's Hearty Grilled Cheese... I'm clever aren't I :)


HEARTY GRILLED CHEESE
2 slices bread
butter
cheese (your choice if you want sliced, shredded, or Velveeta)
1 thin slice red onion
4 slices shaved smoked turkey breast (I use oscar mayer)


Slather butter on one side of each piece of bread. Place 1 slice of bread, buttered side down, onto a heated pan. Place cheese, onion and turkey on bread and top with the other buttered slice of bread, buttered side up. When bottom slice of bread is golden brown flip and cook until the other side is nicely toasted and the cheese is melted.


Comments

mommyofgirls said…
Okay....I'm totally having this for lunch today!