Firecracker Shrimp


These are Brads favorite. I got the recipe several years ago from my friend Tasha and Brad has grilled them MANY times since! I don't do sea food, but everyone who's a sea food fan and tries these goes crazy for them. Brad will eat the whole pound of shrimp himself, but the recipe says it's 6 servings, making it about $1.00 per serving... not to shabby for sea food! If you love shrimp, you will not be disappointed (take it from Brad). He says they're sweet and spicy and incredible. I thought there was going to be a fight at the table tonight because Sophie decided she loves them too. Brad isn't use to sharing!

FIRECRACKER SHRIMP
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined

In a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves, oil, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with apricot mixture. 6 servings (or 1 for Brad)

Comments

Donna-FFW said…
Heidi, Thank you so much for the award. I will pass it along on my next post. You are so thoughtful to think of me. I am going to follow you, so I dont miss your recipes. The pioneer woman sauce looks awesome, as does the pork. How did I miss all this! Shrimp-unbelievable!