Grandma's Pecan Pie

See this yummy looking slice of pie? I would like to say I made this pie. I could tell you I did, but that would be a lie. My Grandma Lewis is the world's best cook. I think she has magic fingers. Anything she touches tastes wonderful. She made this scrumptious pecan pie. This is her recipe.



PECAN PIE
1 cup Karo Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1-1/2 cups pecans
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust


Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust. Bake on center rack of oven for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.

Tip- Tap center surface of pie lightly - it should spring back when done.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh dang that looks good! Pecan pie is one of my favorites, but I only get to make it for potlucks or parties because my family doesn't like it so I would have to eat the whole thing. And that would be very, very bad!
Linda said…
How wonderful to share your Grandmother's pie recipe! From the looks of your blog, you are on your way the same "magic fingers". ;)