Garlic Skewered Shrimp

I do believe I'm hooked on Krista's Kitchen! It seems that way with all the great recipes I've been cooking of hers. I recently found her blog and discovered so many wonderful sounding dishes I want to make them all. We love grilled shrimp and when she posted this recipe last Thursday I knew I must try it out. It was perfect timing because on Thursday nights I make my grocery list. I'm always bummed out when someone posts something great on Friday and I have to wait a whole week to get to put it on the grocery list. I keep a stack of recipe cards beside my computer. When I spot a yummy looking recipe I write it down and then on Thursday nights I look back over the recipes and pick what I think everyone would enjoy. We grilled these shrimp on Father's Day. Everyone really enjoyed them. My mom and dad ate with us and loved them. Sophie and Chase went crazy over them. Brad still says firecracker shrimp's his favorite, but he very much enjoyed these too. Thanks Krista for the great recipe! This is a healthy and very affordable seafood meal coming in at about $1.60 per serving.

GARLIC SKEWERED SHRIMP
1 pound raw large (or medium) shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 TBSP reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 TBSP vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
3 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces

Soak skewers for 30 minutes to keep from burning. Prepare grill. Place soy sauce, oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a large zip loc bag. Add shrimp and turn to coat well. Let marinate at room temperature 15 minutes. Drain and reserve marinade. Thread onions and shrimp onto skewers. Brush with reserved marinade and discard. Grill covered over medium heat for about 5 minutes on eat side.

Comments

Denise said…
Yummy looking, Heidi. Going to visit That blog.
teresa said…
This looks like such a delicious way to enjoy shrimp! I love the green onions skewered in it!
Katy ~ said…
You did great! They look very tasty indeed.
Krista said…
I am seriously honored! Thanks, Heidi. I love your blog too! I just ran out of garlic bread last night and I can't wait to make garlic bread on a bun. Still think that was genius! I'm going to have to try your firecracker shrimp too. I like a little heat to mine as well.
Donna-FFW said…
The shrimmp sounds fantastic. Perfect for a summer dinner!
Astra Libris said…
Such a beautiful summer dish! I love grilled shrimp, and your skewers are so gorgeous!

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! :-)

I'm so impressed by your organization with your grocery list and recipe cards!! Wow! Bravo!!
theUngourmet said…
The shrimp looks so yummy! I haven't had any in a while. I will go take a look at Krista's blog!
Karen said…
That's it... we love shrimp and I'm going to put them on the grill next time!
Heather S-G said…
Shrimp is following me around. Or maybe I'm following shrimp around. Either way...I need some! This looks delish :)
Meaghan said…
Yummy & healthy LOVE IT! and i love the music too cute :)

if u haven't already gotten in on our raffle stop by or enter again www.spiritjump.com
Looks fantastic! I just bookmarked this recipe! I really like the look of the green onions :)

Thanks for sharing! Great blog! Will follow!
Willoughby said…
Looks delicious! I make a similar skewered shrimp from Allrecipes. Yours has fewer ingredients, I'll have to try it!