Onion Burgers

When Mary over at My New 30 recently posted this recipe I knew we would love it. Just as I expected, we thought it was great. I just wish I had made more! You see, I'm a wee bit of a pig and wasn't happy when I only got to eat one burger :( Chase was also a big fan of these burgers. He split one with Sophie, but she was to interested in the fries and baked beans to eat it... so he finished off hers too. I was planning on getting it, but I walked into the other room and came back and he had already ate it! That little turkey. If you're looking for a great grilled burger with wonderful onion flavor, this one's for you... just make sure you don't halve the recipe like I did. Thanks Mary for the awesome burger recipe. At under $1.00 per serving this is a bargain. Enjoy :P

ONION BURGERS
2 pounds of ground chuck
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 TBSP of Worcestershire sauce

Gently mix all ingredients. Make into patties and place on a baking pan. Place in freezer for 15-20 minutes. Grill until meat reaches desired doneness (it took about 20 minutes for us).

Comments

theUngourmet said…
Does putting it in the freezer help it hold together better when grilling?

I love this kind of burger. Yum!
Sandy's Kitchen said…
I didn't think to use onion soup mix. It looks really good. We love burgers in our family so we will make this soon.
Tina Butler said…
Those sound different but good. I love Mary site.
SnoWhite said…
my mom used to make burgers like these -- nummy!
Rachel said…
I think my Mom used to make her hamburgers with onion soup mix and I completely forgot about them! I love the addition of Worcestershire sauce to burgers, too!
Heidi said…
Yes- putting them in the freezer helped to keep them held together on the grill.
Anonymous said…
I would love this recipe. I made something similiar a couple of weeks ago. I just added the soup mix. I thought it was really good. Yours look great!
Sounds so good! I'm always teased that I put so much in my hamburgers that they are more meatloaf burgers than traditional hamburgers! :)
These look really great, Heidi! There's nothing better than grilled burgers, and onion just makes them even better!
Rob said…
These burgers sound yummy and the picture of them looks great also.
I'm going to try these this week! They sound sooo good.
Kristen said…
I love a homemade burger on the BBQ - great summer treat!
Katy ~ said…
Heidi, I am laughing at loud.

I can see how these burgers would be great. We typically have these ingredients on hand so we'll be giving these a try.
Donna-FFW said…
Heidi.. these DO sound wonderful. I have all of these ingredients also.. Perfect!
teresa said…
Oh yummy! I think onion flavoring is about the best invention ever! I'm definitely making these soon!
Alexis AKA MOM said…
I LOVE this I bet the boys would too! Rick says that Worcestershire sauce is a must for all burgers :).
Lara said…
I don't usually like ground beef too much, but with that onion flavor added in it might just make me a fan! I know my husband would like it if I converted!
La Bella Cooks said…
I used to make this recipe quite often and it reminds me I haven't done it in a long time. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Great post!