Bangin' Steak Rub

Happy 4th of July everyone! I've had a busy day cooking. I'm making chili and taco meat for our towns annual tractor pull. I'm the food woman. The big day's next Saturday and I'm excited for it to be done and over with. It's a LONG, busy day. At the same time I'm cooking tractor pull grub I'm trying to get my own cooking done for tonight's 4th of July BBQ. Don't you just love the name of my steak rub? It's festive for the holiday. I found the recipe on allrecipes.com and thought it was perfect for the 4th. Another great festive recipe would be my Firecracker Shrimp. Enjoy and have a safe holiday :)

BANGIN' STEAK RUB
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 (1.25 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon steak seasoning

In a small bowl, thoroughly mix together the brown sugar, chili seasoning mix, ranch dressing mix, garlic salt, onion salt, ground black pepper, and steak seasoning. The rub should be smooth and granular, with no large lumps. Store at room temperature in an airtight container until ready to use. To use, rub the seasoning mix liberally onto the steak or meat of your choice before cooking.

Comments

You are one busy gal, Heidi- the steak looks delish! I imagine the brown sugar really gives the steak a yummy glaze!
Have a great 4th!
YUM

Visiting from SITS. Happy 4th of July!
Krista said…
That rub sounds really good! Have fun cooking for the tractor pull. Sounds like a big job!

Happy 4th of July too!
Sounds like that rub would make for some pretty kick butt steaks! I will be bookmarking this!
Sounds fantastic! Bet it'd be good on chicken too.
That rub sounds awesome! My husband is a big dry rub guy, always coming up with new stuff, but we have never tried the ranch packets in the mix...brilliant! Thanks for stopping by my blog and you sweet comment!
Rachel said…
You are one busy woman!!! :)

The rub sounds great--I've had a taste for a good grilled steak and look forward to trying this out!!
Donna-FFW said…
Delicious sounding rub.. and the name is perfect. BTW, thanks for the tip about self rising flour, I will put it to use next time!
Carrie said…
Wow, this looks incredible!
Katy ~ said…
Wow! Tractor pull grub. That's some serious grub, I think LOL

Your steak looks awesome!