Creepy Hands and Spooky Spiders

Can you believe tomorrow's already Oct. 31... and I'm not completely finished with the kids Halloween Costumes!! Instead of working on them like a good mommy I'm posting :) These are the treats I took to Sophie's class for the Halloween party. I was excited to be back at the elementary school again, but I'm liking my job at the high school. I've had a lot of fun... except for burning my arm on the convection oven (which is itching really bad right now!). I hope everyone has a safe Halloween.


CREEPY HANDS
plastic gloves
popcorn
candy corn

Put candy corn in gloves to look like fingernails. Fill with popcorn (and I added more candy corn). They look cute with a Halloween ring on the finger, but I forgot them:(.

SPOOKY SPIDERS
(As many as you want - for each marshmallow, you'll need three whole pretzels, and two red hots.)
Marshmallows
Pretzels (the skinny, short stick kind) - broken in halves.
Chocolate Chips (for melting)
Red Hots
Stab three pretzel halves on each side of marshmallow for a total of six. Melt the chocolate (on low, higher heat somehow solidifies the chocolate). Dip end of marshmallow in chocolate. Place on wax paper, chocolate-side up. Before chocolate cools, place two red hots on top for eyes.

Comments

Megan said…
Those are adorable! I was a bad mom this year and didn't do any cute Halloween treats.

Thanks for the add on Tasty Kitchen. I love that site! I also really enjoy your blog. I have been reading it for awhile now & I have tried several of your recipes!
Willoughby said…
Really, really cute! I've seen the spooky hands before, but never the spiders. Great idea!

I'm not even close to ready for Halloween this year. The pumpkins aren't carved, I didn't decorate. I do have candy for the trick or treaters, though!
Melody said…
Halloween is over for us. Where I live, if the 31st lands on a Friday, Sat or Sun, they do trick or treating on Thursday to keep the kids off the street on a weekend. Kind of weird huh? Cute treat ideas BTW!
Sara Garcia said…
I love the spooky spiders! Your blog is so cute. Happy Halloween to you and Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!
Anonymous said…
I love the spooky spiders! How fun! My boys would love your house full of Boo-licious treats!
Velva said…
Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing!
Katy ~ said…
These are cute. You totally rock and are such a fun mom.
theUngourmet said…
What a great mom you are making these cute Halloween treats! I want to try the Spooky Spiders. So cute!

Happy Halloween to you too!
Unknown said…
I am IN LOVE WITH those spiders---they are sooo cute! thanks for sharing this! I should try to be a better mom and do stuff like this for my kids more often. I did, however, make boring old pumpkin muffins...lol!
Sherri said…
I love the spooky spiders too!

Hope your Halloween is great!
Tracie said…
My kids would love those spiders!!! Maybe next year.....,
Unknown said…
What a spooky yet delicious way of eating.."spiders"...will try this next halloween..