Aunt Charlotte's Christmas Snack Mix

Last night we welcomed two new members of the family... my first set of twins!!! Their names are still undecided, but aren't they adorable??

While doing some last minute Christmas shopping I found myself in a Hallmark store. Now, I don't normal shop at Hallmark. Quite frankly I'm cheap, but it is the holiday season and I was hoping to find a little something cute to give to my co-workers. The only thing I found is the fact we're a bunch of rednecks!!! So, Jeff Foxworthy here's a new one to add to your collection. You might be a redneck if... you can buy frogs at your local Hallmark store!

Now, I must share with you a holiday recipe from one of the sweetest, most caring women I know... my Aunt Charlotte. She's an excellent cook and always brings my kids all kinds of yummy treats on her much looked forward to visits. She also gives me hope in aging gracefully. I will not reveal her true age, but will say she looks at least 20 years younger. Those are the genes I hope to inherit!! Thanks Aunt Charlotte for sharing this recipe with me, for regularly following my blog, and getting so excited about my cooking video! Everyone must try this sweet, crunchy holiday concoction. Enjoy :)


AUNT CHARLOTTE'S CHRISTMAS SNACK MIX
1 1/2 lb package white almond bark
2 cups dry roasted peanuts
9 cups corn or rice chex
1 lb package M&M's

Mix peanuts, chex and M&M's in a large bowl. Melt almond bark according to package directions. Pour melted bark onto dry mixture and stir well to coat. Spread onto cookie sheets to dry and store in an air tight container.

Comments

Peggy Clyde said…
This sounds so good. I'm going to try it today for a Christmas party. Thanks.
ChristineM said…
Love the twins! ;)

That snack mix sounds very good! Can't wait to try it!
Chex mix with a sugar fix attached! Yippee! Sounds delish! Happy cooking for the holidays!!!
Rachel said…
What a perfect snack to have out around the holidays!

I love your "twins"! I had to laugh, b/c my grandma works part-time at Hallmark and she kept going on and on about how they now carry little "animals". She didn't seem to have any idea what they were and she made it abundantly clear that she didn't want to have anything to do with them! (She's never been much of a "pet person"!) Too funny! What is this world coming to?!? Who would have ever thought you could purchase LIVE animals at a card/gift shop?!?
Norah said…
Goodness I thought you were having twins! I love mine but some days they are a handful. This recipe looks really good. I may have to get off my lazy butt and make some.
Lisa said…
I posted a similar recipe on my blog that I got from my sister-in-law. This is such a yummy snack!
theUngourmet said…
I have been wanting to make something sweet like this with my Chex. I couldn't find the white almond bark at the store, I only found the chocolate. I wonder how it would be for this recipe.
Alexis AKA MOM said…
I'm loving the recipe!

Congrats on the twins ... LOL. So cute, the boys so would love a set here :)